As the seasonal heat starts to creep in, and you start to make family plans for this summer, Biddeford Youth Hockey Association is making plans as well! We are opening up registration early on Thursday, July 1st. BYHA will be capping the number of players on each team for the 2021-2022 season on a first come first serve basis.
<<<CLICK TO REGISTER TODAY!!!
Biddeford Youth Hockey Association has come up with guidelines for this upcoming season which will provide steps and recommendations that all members will follow to create a great season of hockey.
Face covering requirements will be evaluated on a regular basis with CDC recommendations in mind as well as case numbers. Members must follow the rules of the rink they are practicing and playing at. Coaches in their weekly emails will update parents and players about any rinks they will participate in and their requirements pertaining to COVID-19.
What happens if a skater or household member has a positive test or is exposed to anyone with COVID?
1. Has your skater been identified as a close contact to someone with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
• If YES, the player is withheld from team activities for 10 days after last contact with that person.
• IF YES and fully vaccinated, the player can return immediately with proof of vaccination. Player needs to wear a mask (on & off ice) in accordance with Maine CDC. See Maine CDC guidelines here on when the mask can come off.
2. How long does a player that tests positive for COVID 19 have to wait before returning to hockey?
• At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
• At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
• At least 24 hours symptom-free
*each case subject to review
-On-ice COVID exposure will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
-All positive COVID cases requires notification to BYHA via firstname.lastname@example.org
-After the email is received there will be a review of the information and situation and with that, a decision will be made on how the situation will proceed. Privacy and safety are BYHA’s primary goals in this pandemic and if at any point you have any questions please reference the link above or below on this page and/or email email@example.com and your questions will be answered in a timely manner.
USA Hockey Player Safety and Health: https://www.usahockey.com/playersafety
Maine CDC: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus/index.shtml
Last updated 9/9/2021